Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who Fest 2008

I think I might be on the recovery end of a fantastic but exhausting weekend. This weekend was Who Fest and I actually went in thinking I wasn't going to do well - had some new things I was trying out...and just wasn't too postive...but I was mistaken - I did great and feel so good about the new things I am making - I got great positive feedback from customers and fellow artists!

Besides it being blasted hot - it was a great time spent with friends, family and fellow artists who I feel blessed to call friends. The following friends were there:
Another Sassy Product
Beth Gumnick
S. Evets
Michael Jenkins
Mont (Local Weather Arts)
Mary Beth McClure
C. Bailey Jackson
Nicholas Seal

And new friends I met this weekend:
Mary Zeman
Julia Masaoka
Julia Hedgepath
Deona Fish
Reba Campbell
Kelley Bentley Ash
Mattanooga

I bought 2 fabulous pieces of art:

This one from Kelley Bentley Ash which is roughly 3 feet x 2 feet.



and another one from Deona Fish that is roughly 2 inches x 2 inches and something else from Deona that I can't put on here because it is a gift :)


And then here are some shots of my booth - with the beautiful Downtown Chattanooga backdrop - and close ups of some of my new items!





This last pic is of my new stands for my walls that my neighbor Mattanooga made for me....also I have water holding the tent down and paint bucket just in case the stands need weight. I need to work on making my display secure - it was quite windy this weekend! Thanks again Matt for my awesome stands!!


Thanks to EVERYONE who came out...I appreciate all of you and can't wait till next time! And thanks to David of Winder Binder and all the volunteers - you rocked it!

xoxo

8 comments:

JLC Studio said...

Ooooh, girl, your booth looks FABULOUS!!!!! I'm in love with it! Great job and so happy to hear that you did so well :) Love the new items and did I mention the booth?!?!?!?

Ivey Handcrafted said...

thank you so much....I still feel like I have a ways to go - but every show I like it more and more! Thanks for your kind words! xoxo

Ivey Handcrafted said...

thank you so much....I still feel like I have a ways to go - but every show I like it more and more! Thanks for your kind words! xoxo

-brittany- said...

I can't believe all your new pieces! The canvas art is incredible. Like I mentioned in my email...as soon as you think there is no way this chick can get anymore creative. I am in awe of your creativity. I wish I had an ounce of it!

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING those embroidery hoops. Must.have.the.one.with.the.flowers.....................

Ivey Handcrafted said...

I am so glad you like them....girl you know if you need it I can make it work for you :) I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!

Becca said...

we've never met, but I feel like I know you. I'm friends with the ever adorable Ada Luv and her mommy. I just wanted to tell you I ABSOLUTELY love your work. I also LOVE the painting you purchased that's mentioned in your posting this time!!
Not to mention that shot of your booth with Chattanooga in the background - GORGEOUS!

Keep up your creativity. As a "crafty" girl myself, I can FULLY appreciate all your work. I have quite a few "friends" decked out in your adorably simple personalized onesies!!

just thought you might need additional encouragement...not sure why :)

<>< becca

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Becca you are the sweetest thing...I appreciate your words...and I am going to write more on your blog :)