Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekly Pinterest DIY {week four}

I remember friendship bracelets from back in the day and seeing all these pins on pinterest about the friendship bracelet trend has brought back so many memories. So I wanted to try my hand at a few simple ones.

 I made 5 bracelets - 3 wrapped bangles, one simple friendship bracelet and one braided bracelet. Here are a few with links to the tutorials.
source
source
source
My friend Sarah taught me the wrapped friendship bracelet, I thought I would try that same wrap on a bangle, and also just wrap a bangle. My friend Amy had one that was braided and I wanted to try my hand at that. I did one long braided piece and it fit three times around my wrist so I sewed them together with a big button. I added buttons to my 2 friendship bangles - I thought it was a great way to finish it and hide all the "knots". I love how these turned out and definitely want to make more - maybe this time I will actually make them for friends :)

So here is my take on the friendship bracelets:


 how much fun??? Now your turn!




2 comments:

Jenn Ross said...

I have lots of childhood memories of making friendship bracelets and pinning the knot of a bracelet to the seat in front of me or my jeans and working on one while we were travelling. :) It'll be fun to do this one, I might even get the girls involved.

Ivey Handcrafted said...

I love it too - I knew you would like this one and definitely thought of your girls!!! xoxo